This program will help those with normal, everyday stress to those grappling with more extreme anxiety or overwhelm. Hala guides you through this yoga workout with her unique perspective as a psychotherapist who has helped hundreds of people deal with stress. The yoga practices are geared towards teaching you how to shift from a fight-or-flight response into a relaxation response. You will also learn how to release stressful energy from your body and handle life’s stressors with grace and ease. Hala’s unique knowledge of the mind/body connection and her vast understanding of yoga are seamlessly combined to create a program that will heal the body, mind, and spirit.
There are 6 parts in this collection:
- Warm-Up: stretches that target tension in the hips, legs, lower back, neck, and spine
- Standing Poses: strengthens the legs and core, fostering groundedness and body resilience
- Free Movement: includes chi gong, a ‘self-tenderizing’ sequence, and spontaneous movement to shake off stress and rejuvenate the body
- Cool Down: seated bends and twists to cultivate a calm integration of body & mind, ending with a relaxation on the back
- Meditation A: focuses on self-regulation and sensation-awareness through breathing
- Meditation B: targets a stressful experience and guides you through the scenario with resilience and ease