Best Practices For Facilitating Virtual Healing Circles – Webinar
for anyone wanting to support their staff or community at this time
with guest facilitator Prof. Tessa Hicks Peterson, Ph.D
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2020
Prof. Tessa Hicks Peterson, PhD was a co-facilitator of this workshop. I’m so grateful that she brought her expertise as a community organizer and educator.
*This live webinar was recorded in both audio & video formats
*To request captioning or a transcript of the video or audio recording, please contact us: email@example.com
In these times of physical distancing many of us are needing human connection. Leaders of all kinds are reflecting on how to organize and gather the folks they work with or serve virtually. Virtual circles of support are being created everywhere. It’s a beautiful testament to our desire to heal and connect and the necessity of centering healing at this time. We’ve received requests from people (teachers, non-profit directors & staff, managers, and essential workers) asking for support in creating healing spaces for their communities. This course is a response to that request.
During this workshop, we covered topics like:
- Structure for healing circles- how many people, technology, format
- Facilitation basics- best practices for effective facilitation
- How to set a tone or theme for the group
- Responsive facilitation- the importance of gauging what your community actually needs, not what you think they need
- When a circle may not be appropriate for someone
- How to deal with conflict
- Ice-breakers and warm-ups for folks who aren’t comfortable sharing
- How to handle trolls or harm that can happen on a call
- Simple grounding and mindfulness techniques to support emotional regulation
If you have never had to hold a circle like this and you are finding yourself in a position where this is what your staff or community needs, this workshop is appropriate for you. For seasoned facilitators, this can be a chance to explore how to translate your work online.
$20 / $15 / $10 / any*
*no one turned away due to funds
- After donating, you will receive a separate email from us with access to the recordings & resources. Please allow up to 4hrs to receive this email.
- To ensure proper receipt of emails, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. Also, be sure to check your Promotion tab or Spam/Junk folder as sometimes our emails will end up in those locations.
- If you need assistance, would like to request to receive the recordings for free, or the email address associated with your Paypal account is different than what you prefer we use, please contact email@example.com