200 Hr Teacher Training/Transformational Intensive with Hala Khouri & Julian Walker
Dates: Febuary 17 – March 4, 2014 Part 1, May 19 – 29, 2014 Part 2
Price: Early Bird Price: $2150 + $50 material fee if paid in full by January 17 (both modules) — $2450 after January 17, 2014
Deposit to hold your space: $250 portion of your total. (non-refundable/non-transferable)
Location: Exhale Spa 245 Main St. Santa Monica, CA
In this training, we will explore yoga as a living, evolving tradition of self-inquiry, body-mind exploration, energetic initiation, community support and personal transformation. You will learn tools and perspectives that place the ancient practice of yoga in a contemporary context, so that you can teach in an integrated, effective and potent way.
By integrating growing-edge information from science and psychology with anatomically intelligent and energetically potent yoga, Buddhist meditation, energetic and structural bodywork and ecstatic dance – this training combines the best of ancient and modern wisdom and Eastern and Western philosophy.
Hala and Julian will be creating a safe and authentic community setting in which you are encouraged to drop beneath preconceived ideas, agendas or pretensions so that you can initiate the next stage of your own journey. From the place of direct experience and sincere inquiry, those who are called to the path of teaching will have a grounded, soulful opportunity to find their voice and learn to share this practice with others.
This course meets the requirements for Yoga Alliance 200 hr certification.
Schedule: This is an intensive training in which we meet the Yoga
Alliance requirement for a full 200 hours within 25 class days. Full and
detailed schedule TBA based on Exhale availability – for now, the
general schedule (subject to some changes) is
Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. 12 noon to 4:30 or 5 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 9 a.m. to 10:30 & 12 noon to 5 or 5:30 p.m.
PARTI 1 (100 hours)
* What is a contemporary yoga practice: exploration of the history of yoga philosophy and embodied traditions and how they contribute to modern practices.
* The art of teaching asana: in depth study of yoga asanas, alignment sequencing and structure.
* Yoga and the Triune Brain: Information and practical teaching tools drawn from Somatic Psychology and trauma research.
* The Psychology of Spiritual Growth understood through the work of Ken Wilber, Peter Levine, Abraham Maslow, Jack Kornfield, John Welwood, Pema Chodron and other integrative thinkers
* Spiritual Philosophy as the cultivation of viveka or discriminating wisdom, with an emphasis on the practice of critical thinking rather than rote learning or pious belief. The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, The Radiance Sutra (Vijnana Bairava Tantra), Buddhist teachings and the ecstatic poetry of Rumi, Kabir, Hafiz, Mirabai, Lala and Walt Whitman will be used.
* Daily practice of a progression of Buddhist and Yogic meditation techniques
* The role of ritual in yoga and creating healing spaces.
* Intensive asana practice designed to evoke insights into physical and mental transformation and healing
* Up-to-the-minute practical applications drawn from the exciting brain research of Neuroscience
* A unique and highly effective energetic map of mind-body emotional dynamics
PART 2 (100 hours)
* In-depth anatomical understanding of the function of postures, injuries and therapeutic interventions
* Hands-on techniques for moving energy and shifting structure
* The psychology of teaching: understanding transference and countertransference.
*Sacred Ethics- boundaries, authenticity and respect.
* Discovering your unique voice and style as a teacher.
* Exploration of the use of music, poetry and thematic tools to weave sacred space and invite students into relationship with their inner worlds
* Ecstatic Dance as a free-form yoga that awakens self-acceptance, community bonding and states of bliss
* Transformational Breathwork drawn from classical pranayama, tantric practice, and shamanic trance work
*Yoga as a business: how to make a living doing what you love with integrity and joy.
Our friends at Yogi Times gives us a great description of Hatha Yoga – Yogi Times - check it out!