Awakened Heart, Embodied Mind: Contemporary Teacher Training
in Mind-Body Yoga
2016 Dates & Times*:
Fridays: 7:30 – 10:30am & 12:15 – 5:15pm
Saturdays: 7:30 – 10:30am & 12:15 – 5:45pm
Sundays: 7:30 -10:30am & 12:15 – 5:45pm
*Tentative schedule/subject to minor changes – i.e. certain weekends will have an alternate session on Friday from 6:30 – 8:30pm and will start later on Saturday. Official schedule will be provided to registered trainees closer to start date
**Note: opening weekend (Jan 7-10) is the only weekend that includes a Thursday session from 12:15 – 5:15pm for introductions, orientation, and an opening circle
$2975 + $50 (materials)
Early Bird/paid in full before Nov 15, 2015: $2675 + $50 (materials)
The Awakened Heart, Embodied Mind Teacher Training
200 Hour Yoga Alliance Approved
With Julian Walker, Hala Khouri, and Jay Fields
Held one 3-day weekend per month from January to June of 2016 in beautiful Los Angeles, California, this yoga teacher training course is unique in 6 key ways:
1. We pride ourselves on actually training you to teach! You will be well-prepared in our asana segments for teaching in front of the group during 4 practicum sessions, during which you will receive personalized constructive feedback from your trainers on how to keep getting better.
2. You will be provided highly effective transformational tools for working with nervousness & insecurity and finding your voice & confidence as a teacher & person.
3. For us it is of central importance that our trainees bond with one another and that you have a shared learning experience that feels supportive, well-structured and compassionate. We hold space for real growth and healing as part of the shared journey into becoming a teacher.
4. We believe that anatomy and technique should give you a way to think intelligently about the body and meet your students where they are at. Teaching safe and well-informed classes are the foundation of being an effective teacher.
5. You will learn an integrated, modern philosophy based in body psychology, Buddhist meditation and brain science that will give you a practical way to support your students in using yoga to change their lives. Our approach is “trauma-informed” and emphasizes the mind-body connection.
6. We offer free ongoing support, articles, videos, and community after graduation, to support you in beginning your teaching career.
Your trainers have been teaching for 20+ years and bring a wealth of information and experience to the table, but we know that teacher training is less about the egos of the teachers and more about the
experience of the trainees!
Learn more here: ahemyogateachertraining.com