Awakened Heart, Embodied Mind: Contemporary Teacher Training
in Mind-Body Yoga
May 31-June 2
-Fridays: 7:30 – 10:30am & 12:30 – 6:00pm
-Saturdays: 12:30 – 4:00pm, 4:15 – 6:30pm, & 7:30 – 9:00pm (rare Saturdays may change to have a morning instead of evening session; plenty of advanced notice will be given)
-Sundays: 7:00 – 8:45am & 11:15 – 5:15pm
*Note: opening weekend (Jan 24-27) is the only weekend that includes a Thursday session from 12:30 – 5:15pm for introductions, orientation, and an opening circle
Tuition: $2975 + $50 (materials)
-Early Bird Tuition, if paid in full before Dec 15, 2018: $2675 + $50 (materials)
-Payment Plan option: $350 deposit and then 6 payments of $455 due by the end of the training on June 23, 2019
-Deposit to hold your space: $350 as a portion of your total (non-refundable, non-transferable)
Santa Monica Yoga
(1640 Ocean Park Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405)
You will be asked to create a log-in account. After doing so, you can pay your deposit to save your spot, pay in full, or set up your payment plan. If you run into any glitches, please call Bruce Blair at the studio at #310.396.4040.
The Awakened Heart, Embodied Mind Teacher Training
200 Hour Yoga Alliance Approved
With Julian Walker, Hala Khouri, and Jay Fields
Held over 7 three-day weekends from January to June of 2018 in beautiful Santa Monica, California, this yoga teacher training course is unique in 6 key ways:
1. We pride ourselves on actually training you to teach! You will be well-prepared in our asana segments for teaching in front of the group during 4 practicum sessions, during which you will receive personalized constructive feedback from your trainers on how to keep getting better.
2. You will be provided highly effective transformational tools for working with nervousness & insecurity and finding your voice & confidence as a teacher & person.
3. For us it is of central importance that our trainees bond with one another and that you have a shared learning experience that feels supportive, well-structured and compassionate. We hold space for real growth and healing as part of the shared journey into becoming a teacher.
4. We believe that anatomy and technique should give you a way to think intelligently about the body and meet your students where they are at. Teaching safe and well-informed classes are the foundation of being an effective teacher.
5. You will learn an integrated, modern philosophy based in body psychology, Buddhist meditation and brain science that will give you a practical way to support your students in using yoga to change their lives. Our approach is “trauma-informed” and emphasizes the mind-body connection.
6. We offer free ongoing support, articles, videos, and community after graduation, to support you in beginning your teaching career.
Your trainers have been teaching for 20+ years and bring a wealth of information and experience to the table, but we know that teacher training is less about the egos of the teachers and more about the
experience of the trainees!
Learn more here: ahemyogateachertraining.com